Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Seriously Marshall, Seriously?

Many of you may know this but I live with none other than the flippin' grinch! No matter how hard I try getting him in the Christmas spirit each year it always fails. So finally I have accepted my fate and am no longer trying to cheer up Mr. Christmas DUD. I will have my own Christmas spirit party and he is no longer invited to JOIN IT!!! So, I am SUPER stoked to finally have a house so that I can have Christmas lights! Isn't this something everyone thinks of when they are buying a house? Yeah, I am pretty sure it is. Okay, moving right along... Last year, in the apartment, I strung lights around my deck railing and it brought tremendous joy every time i drove by and they were lit (maybe because I knew Marshall turned them on and that was a glimmer of hope, I should mention that this only happened twice) Anywho... so I asked Marshall if he would hang them for me and of course he said no and I said what about if I buy you whiskey? And vwala! I have a Christmas light hanger. We are still working out negotiations for the Christmas light taker-downer. It is all about playing to crowd ladies and gentlemen.

2 comments:

The Hendricks said...

oh i wish silas would put up lights! he says would you rather have a husband, or christmas lights... I'm still deciding. Can't wait to see yours up!

Marshall and Jennifer said...

Did you try the Whiskey trick? Maybe you should use Pabst instead though. You gotta know your opponent and what his weakness are.