Friday, October 8, 2010

Projects!

Everyone that comes over cant help but be amazed at how much we have done to our house already. Some of it may be ambition some of it may just be my sense to be doing something ALL OF THE TIME but whatever it is we LOVE IT! I had a request for a posting so I thought I should tell everyone what we have been up to (this is just a small handful, trust me). I have learned that I am not very good at the whole before and after thing so you will have to use your imagination on the before part, sorry, i will work on it. So, since moving in at the end of June (with a three week break for Europe and two weeks off for family in town) we have done this:

Re-finished the master bathroom

BEFORE: Not the best picture in the world, Marshall took it when he was talking to his brother finding the best way to rip up linoleum but you get the drift. It was hunter green and GROSS! It was first on our list and it got done 1st thing. All done by Marshall, myself and a little tile cutting help from Walker.

AFTER:

I am absolutely THRILLED with how it came out. One of my favorite rooms in the house.

Painted the master bedroom:

Painted a wall & furnished the office

Finished our basement bedroom - This little delight used to be the "play room" so it was yellow walls with a pretend bright blue fireplace that doubled as a chalk board and the alphabet around the top edge painted in yellow, red, blue and green. It was just darling... NOT!

Built an extra closet in the basement

Built storage shelves in the basement

Built a work bench in the garage

Boarded off the top of the kitchen cupboards

Replaced and painted the pantry doors

Landscaped the front yard

BEFORE:

This one I really wish I had a better before because we really have done a lot in the front yard.

AFTER:

Everything is still pretty immature but I will take some more pictures next summer when things are a little more vibrant!

Started landscaping the backyard

Re-wired and fixed broken heads on the sprinkling system

Moved the back fence

Vigorously worked on repairing our VERY dead grass

Replaced the family room ceiling fan

Like I said, this is not everything we have done and we don't plan on stopping any time soon. In fact, this weekend we are re-doing the second bathroom so I will post about that sometime next week.

A lot of people ask what our secret is and I feel as though I must come clean...We moved in the last couple days of June and since we were leaving for Europe just 15 days later we decided not to get cable until we got back. Well, when we got back we had family in town for 2 weeks and after that we finally to some projects that desperately needed to be done. That was enough to give us the motivation to keep going, so that is exactly what we did. After getting through so much so fast we decided that we like not having cable and the money we were saving from not having it we have been putting back into our house via projects. **Note: it also helps to have a husband with summers off**

3 comments:

Gillman said...

Love it all! You guys are a powerhouse. I really like the decor in your room too. I need your just do it attitude around my house! Good job guys!!

Gross Clan said...

Wow! I am thoroughly impressed! That is SO much to have gotten done in really a short amount of time. Good job -- it all looks wonderful! Can't wait to see pics of your yard, etc.

Kathy and Levi said...

Can I hire you to decorate my house? That linoleum floor was pretty disgusting!