Monday, October 11, 2010

My first tile job!


As mentioned in my previous post, Marshall and I took on the project of re-modeling our second bathroom. We started last Friday after work and it will be complete on Thursday, when the counter top guy comes. Friday night we demoed the old bathroom, painted the first coat of paint and started re-finishing the vanity. Saturday we painted the 2nd and 3rd coat, finished the vanity and began to prepare for Marshall to lay tile. Sunday rolls around and Marshall is beginning to figure out the puzzle that is called tile (it is actually kinda difficult). Naturally I was right there with him, helping out, soaking in and learning (I think I get this curiosity from my mother). He laid the first 2 tiles and then he needed to make a cut so I went in the bathroom and started spreading the mortar like I had previously watched him do. After the cut he handed me the tile and I measured the next space for a cut. Next thing I knew I had mortar to my elbows, all over my pants, totally covering my fingers and we were 3/4ths of the way done with the floor and it was looking FABULOUS! So we just continued with it and now I can proudly say I have laid tile. Ohhh weee, it makes me get goose bumps looking at how strait those lines are! After I was finished Marshall and I were looking at it and he looked at me and said "Jenn, you will never look at tile the same again". I didn't exactly know what that meant until I was at the post office the other day and I couldn't help but notice how far apart there grout was. Ha ha ha, I guess he was right.

No comments: