Friday, November 19, 2010

My trip to.... the Chiropractor

So, I am not a huge "believer" in Chiropractor practice. I have my reasons. But for the past 7-8 years I have started having serious problems with my back. Some days it was all I could do to get through the day at work but once I got home it was OVER. I was useless. I wobbled around like a penguin and getting up from sitting down... pshaw... it took FOR EVER. Usually the pain would go away and I would be fine the next day and I would do it all over again. Like I said, some days were worse than others. Well last night I was fine during the day but we went to a play of our cousins that evening and it was miserable! About 20 minutes in Marshall and I both started doing the wiggle worm in our seats, making it appear we are super board and cant sit still but in fact we were just trying to reposition so we could watch the play without all the agony and pain. By intermission it took every bone in my body to get up out of that chair and walk around to stretch but the worst part was right when I sat back down. It was awful! Well, this morning I woke up still in pain and this has never happened before so I was a little freaked out. After all, your back is kind of important! So I went to work and started talking to my boss about it because I know she has had some back problems in the past. She basically pushed me out the door and started my car for me and sent me on my way to see a dreaded Chiropractor. I cannot stand the sound of people cracking their fingers and the thought of doing it to myself is appalling so thinking of someone doing it to my SPINE really freaked me out. My boss told me it would be super simple, 15 minutes tops, they would adjust me and send me on my way feeling better than ever. Wrong.

First thing is a giant questioner with the assistant about my pain. Then homeboy tells me to get totally undressed and put on a robe thingy for x-rays. Okay fine. Then the doctor comes... dun dun dun... he lays me face down on this table and says this exact thing "alright, I am just going to feel around for WHOA, theres one" There is one what?!

The RESULTS: My whole shiz is crooked! Yeah, that is right. Starting at the top of my lower back the bone starts shifting to the right and as you get further down it gets worse. He did the first 1/2 of the adjustment but because it was so bad he said that he could only do half today because it was going to make the pain worse and my muscles needed time to heal before he could do the other half. GREAT. So he popped a bunch of crap and it sucked and I left feeling like an owl and all I could do was move my eyes because it hurt so FREAKING bad! He also told me that my right leg was off balance by a 1/2 inch. Back problems are a domino effect I have decided.

Oh yay for me, I get to go back on Monday for more fun with Mr. Chiropractor of death! Maybe he knew I had mixed emotions so he is putting me through hell on purpose.
Here I am, 26 going on 90!

Next time my back hurts I am just going to go get a massage.

3 comments:

Kathy and Levi said...

Seriously I know how you feel. When my back goes out I have to stay at home for at least a week laying down and can barely walk. I use to see a chiropractor but the pain just kept coming back so I have since seen a physical therapist, which seemed to help but I still have my bad days of being a 90 year old! It sucks! I hope it works out for you.

Gillman said...

Back pain is THE WORST!! But, for me, having someone pop every single thing that can pop in my back sounds delightful, serious. Hope you get it all worked out. I would highly recommend a massage for sure too. It's heaven.

Susan G said...

Do you ever do yoga? I have major back problems too, and have tried the chiropractor route...not for me either. But when I can get the chance to do it, yoga helps a lot.