Thursday, September 25, 2008

6 QuArKs

I have been tagged by my friend Kathy! I need to list 6 quirks about myself but I decided that since I am not the sole owner of this blog, I am going to list three about myself and three about Marshall, to even out the score a little bit...

Jennifer's Quarks...
1* Everyone who knows me has been effected by this and it is something that i am afraid i cannot control. I have "shaking leg syndrome". My leg constantly shakes, rapidly and steadily. Its very annoying. I don't realize i am doing it until someone points it out. So i suggest not sitting in chairs in front of me because i like to put my foot on the little bar at the bottom of chairs and it is all down hill from there. But in my defense, i think it is genetic! My mom does it as bad, if not worse than me, her sister does it and my older brother Zach does it. SO DEAL WITH IT!!!!

2* Eggs. This will puzzle Marshall for as long as he lives i believe. He is absolutely flabbergasted by how i like my eggs. He tells everyone, looking for support... and... he usually gets it. Okay, so, if i am eating my eggs scrambled i eat the whole egg, if i am eating a hard boiled egg i only eat the white, the yolk grosses me out. If i am eating egg to dip i only dip in the yolk and i cannot stand to eat the white. Its a little weird... i know, that's why it made my top 3 quarks.

3* I live my life by the ever so powerful sticky note. I have them everywhere! On the back of my phone, on my ipod on my steering wheel, on my planner, on my light fixtures, around my computer monitor, just everywhere! I love crossing this off of a list and i must have a list to remind me to do things so this is the solution. When i need to do something i write it on a sticky note and put it in the most appropriate place. For example, i needed a hair appointment in October so i wrote a note that said "call Polly" and stuck it to the receiver of the phone in my office. She works a weird schedule and i have to be sure to call when she is there. Well, sure enough, i called and made the appointment. I of course remove it when i am finished with whatever it said but it is typically replaced with a new one shortly.


Marshall's Quarks...
1* He absolutely cannot stand the sound of a bag crinkling. If we eat chips we MUST put them in a bowl and not eat them out of the bag or he will go insane. It is like nails on a chalk board for him. It cracks me up because his nephew is constantly eating chips and he will carry around the bag of Doritos for hours eating one at a time... the look on Marshall's face is priceless every time.

2* He cannot sleep with any sort of cover tucked in! He has to have just his comforter and a sheet and he HATES HATES HATES touching just the comforter. The order must be the sheet then the comforter and never anything different. None of which can be tucked in. And then he complains that he wakes up in the middle of the night and his covers are on the floor... go figure.

3* This kid checks Steep and Cheap and Whiskey Militia at least 50 times a day!!! They are web sites that have deals on them for nice stuff, like The North Face, Marmot, Volcom, DC, etc. They change the item they are posting every 10 or 20 minutes, or somethings more or less, just depending on how fast it sells out. It is the FIRST thing he does when he wakes up in the morning, then he will check again before he leaves for work, check when he gets to work, check on any break he can get, check on my work computer when he comes for lunch, check when he gets to school, check when class is over, check when he gets home from class, check during the homework process, and it is most definitely the last thing he does before he goes to bed. It is the next best thing to gambling i suppose. He is heavily addicted and it is a very expensive addiction!

I am going to tag... Melissa H., Jenn K., Carrie G., and Tiffany A.

1 comment:

Debi Holmstead said...

I could have done without Marshall's sleeping habits. Ewwww