Monday, October 26, 2009

Long awaited...

For those of you that do not know, I collect thimbles. Yes, that is right, I am 25 not 80 and I collect thimbles. My mom started me on it when I was young and when friends and family caught onto the idea they would bring them back from anywhere they went. Originally it was only supposed to be places I had been but hey, the more the merrier.
I had them stashed away in drawers and I had so many that I started looking at cases. I showed this one to Marshall and he got it for me for Christmas, only he NEVER makes me wait until Christmas so of course I stocked it the minute it came! It holds 68 and I have another 20 or so in the other room. I have a lot of doubles though. The only states that I am missing are: Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi & North Dakota (pretty much all places that I will never go). Some of the countries that I have are China (bottom left), Jamaica, Finland, & Ecuador. My BROTHER (that is bold so that my sister-in-law will see it and give him a hard time) that went to Russia for 2 years claims that he couldn't find them so he brought back (among a ton of other stuff) the Russian stacking doll (third from the left) and considering I will probably never go to Russia it will have to do. I also have a hand painted one from my mom, one that my great grandmother used to use and has since passed away, the 4 corners and one from when the Olympics came to Utah. Hopefully Marshall and I will go somewhere super cool for our honeymoon so that I can get some more! Its addicting! Don't make fun because you are jealous.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What is with you guys not waiting until Christmas for your gifts? I have to hide all the gifts from Zach so we have something to open Christmas morning.

If we make it back to Russia I promise to search far and wide for a thimble.

kay said...

NICE GOING... WAIT TILL CHRISTMA BAH HUMBUG..... NICE.
JENN, I ASKED LEANN TO GET ONE IN JAPAN.
ENJOY
K