Friday, January 16, 2009

Per the request of my "viewers"...

Whabam!!! It's a beauty isn't it?!? Marshall didn't want me to wear the wedding band until we were married but I like it better with both of them (duh, more diamonds is ALWAYS better in my book) Anyways... after debating about it for 10 minutes he finally told me that he would trade me for half of my quesadilla. DONE.

The Proposal...

Marshall suggested that we start looking at rings a few weeks ago. We went to Sierra West and within 30 seconds i found the one that i wanted. I knew it was the one. So we started to look at diamonds and i found a one carat that was fabulous and it fit within my "budget" so i told Marshall that when he was ready that it was the one for sure. So the next day Marshall told me that he was ready and he went and got it but it would be a week or so until i had it. A week rolls around (the longest week of my life) and it isnt ready but the jeweler said it would be done by Monday for sure. I was not happy. So on Monday Marshall calls me from the store and says that i am not going to be happy but it still isnt done and he is on his way over. He shows up about 20 minutes later with 3 red, long stem roses. He has a stone cold look on his face and he says, i am so sorry Jenn, i feel so bad. My heart sank to my feet, i was so bumbed out. So he hands me the roses and he had stuck the ring on the stems, so when he moved his hand... BAM, there it was and he full on asked me. I took the ring off and it was NOT the diamond i had picked out, it was an even BIGGER one!!! We had looked at it but i knew it was way out of my price range so i said i didnt like it and he must have called my bluff. I asked him how he knew that is the one i wanted and he said "Jenn, you would'nt of even had to be there for me to know it was the one you wanted". Busted. Anyways... he is adorable and i love love love the ring, everytime i look at it i think of what a big sacrifice he made to get it for me. I will never forget excatly how i felt when he put it on my finger.

3 comments:

Gross Clan said...

Nice! It is beautiful.

Melissa said...

I have one thing to say, BA-LING!!! Very nice. I'm like you, I wore my wedding band the whole time. We figured we bought it because we liked how it looked with them together so why not wear them together. Congratulations guys!!

Josh and Tiff said...

holy f you guys!! you guys are like perfect for each other!!! and WTF that ring is so ridiuclously beautiful!!! i'm so happy for you guys! now we can hang out as married friends :) congrats again!