Thursday, April 7, 2011

Did I grow up under a RoCk???

Back in December when our bestest buddy Chuck-diggs was in town he decided to make us a tasty snack one night. I was hesitant to try it because the only other time I had seen someone eat one was my old roommate and quite honestly it did not look very appetizing. But good ol' Chuckie talked me into it and I tried my first Artichoke.I really really liked it and we ended up making another one right after we devoured the first one. Now, I have not made a habit of eating them simply because the trick that makes them so delicious is dipping them in melted butter and I am just not into eating a lot of butter let alone drenching something in it.

Well, the other day Marshall and I were watching The Amazing Race and they were in China and they were talking about how that is were we get most of our mango's. It was then that I realized that I have never had a mango. Weird. So when we were at the grocery store the other day I decided to pick one up and give it a go and I LoVeD it!! In fact, I bought 3 more the next time I was at the grocery store. I have been enjoying them the past few nights and as I indulge I wonder, why did it take me 26 years to discover this wonderful fruit?One thing that my deter me from continually getting them is how hard they are to cut. That core is a bugger man!

2 comments:

The Hendricks said...

Ahh, i'm the worst at trying new things, good for you! I like artichokes with mayo. Oh baby. :)

Anonymous said...

Try spray butter and you are good to go. Just put lots on it and salt and pepper. Of course, I have never tried it on artichokes but it works for everything else. Let me know what you decide. I forgot my password but Lex agrees with me.