Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Enough Already

So, last Monday Marshall left for Idaho to run his yearly lacrosse camps. He usually only does one in Boise but this year he got an offer to do one in Pocatello as well so he arranged them to be back to back. It is funny how you realize how much you depend on someone when they are gone. I was fine for the first week. I did wedding stuff, did stuff around the house, I got myself 2 chapters ahead in my statistics class and just enjoyed the time I had to myself. Well last Friday it started to get really annoying that he was gone. I worked all day and had class until 9 but I was still really bothered when I got home and I didn't sleep very well. Saturday was terrible! I went to class in the morning but had no motivation to do anything in the afternoon because all I could think about was how badly I missed my Marshall. Sunday we had a BBQ at my grandmas and everytime we have a BBQ we all play volleyball and Marshall has a riot with it. Well, the whole time people kept asking where he was and then during volleyball they kept saying that they miss him or they need him on their team. Nothing like adding insult to injury. So anyways... this week is starting out rough. I am trying to stay busy and just counting down the days. I guess it is true what they say... Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

2 comments:

Gross Clan said...

Aww. I feel your pain. Donovan and I have spent loads of time apart since we first got together -- and I think it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. At least you miss him! How terrible would it be if you didn't...?? I hope the rest of your week goes by quickly!!

Kathy and Levi said...

Oh I feel bad for you Jenn. Last December Levi went hunting and I hated coming home to an empty house! It totally sucked. Then of course it was scary sleeping all by yourself! At least you have family close by! Maybe he will get done early!!